1/2 Photos of Garlic & Spiced Shrimp Shell Salad
Montana Heart Song's Note:
I had to bring a dish my hubby could eat at our family Easter picnic today. Here is my creation. Everyone liked it, even the small ones. Very Easy! I garnished with sliced green olives,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 quarts water
- 2 cups small shell pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb fresh shrimp or 1 lb boiled small shrimp, devined, tails off, chopped small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 2/3 cup diced white onion
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh carrots
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 cherry peppers, chopped with seeds (optional)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup Miracle Whip (or 1 cup mayonnaise with 1 tsp lemon juice and 2 3 gram packets Splenda sugar substitute)
- 1In large stockpot, bring water and 1 tsp salt to a boil.
- 2Add shell macaroni and stir.
- 3Cook 8 to 10 minutes, ala dente. rain and rinse.
- 4While macaroni cooking,place shrimp in a ziplock bag with olive oil, paprika, garlic, salt or salt substitute,white pepper,thyme, and oregano. Shake,shake, shake and set aside in refrigerator.
- 5In large serving bowl, add all of the chopped and diced vegetables, sweet pickle relish. Add cooked shells, stir.
- 6In saute pan, add shrimp and oil and spices.
- 7Saute just a few minutes, turning with a spatula until the diced and chopped pieces are cooked.
- 8Pour the entire contents of pan over the vegetables and shells. Stir until mixed.
- 9Add miracle whip dressing or the substitute dressing as stated.Mix.
- 10Add 1 tsp salt and 1/4, 1/2 or 1 tsp white pepper to taste. My family likes the entire 1 teaspoon white pepper. Your family may like a lesser taste of pepper. Serve or cool to serve later.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic & Spiced Shrimp Shell Salad
Serving Size: 1 (537 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.4
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 86.4 mg
- Sodium 771.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 15.3 g