Recipe by ~Deux Petits Chefs!
A delicious, garlicky vegetarian spaghetti loaded with delicious pan-fried vegetables in extra-virgin olive oil. If you want a lighter, more wholesome meal, omit the potatoes and add chopped spinach.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
I took note of PanNans review, and was also a bit wary of the puree, so I chose to use canned chopped tomatoes instead, giving me much more of a saucy consistency. I added the garlic with the tomatoes. This really was very pleasant, I wouldn't normally add potatoes to pasta but in fact it was very good. I did add the splash of wine. Overall, a good recipe, which we enjoyed. Made for Spring PAC 2012, thank you, Deux Petits Chef!
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups spaghetti (1 cup = 1 serving)
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, halved and chopped
- 450 g tomato puree
- 1 pinch dried rosemary
- 1 pinch parsley flakes
- 1 pinch oregano flakes
- 3 ml white wine (optional)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the spaghetti in water and some salt, until al dente. Set aside.
- In a large shallow pan, add extra virgin oil oil. When pan becomes hot, throw in onions and fry till soft.
- When onions are soft, add in potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook on shallow pan for about 10 minutes until potatoes are soft, but not completely cooked.
- Add in celery and carrots, followed by rosemary, parsley and oregano flakes. Another pinch of pepper. Stir-fry on low to medium flame for about 5 minutes.
- Add a spruce of white wine for flare. (Optional).
- Once potatoes are browned and crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, add in tomato puree.
- Stir-fry for a further 10 min or until sauce is thick enough for your liking.
- On individual serving plates, place spaghetti on plate. Use a fork and whirl spaghetti until it looks pleasantly stacked and visually appealing. Top with spaghetti sauce.
- Season & Garnish with parsley flakes and oregano flakes. Serve warm.