- 226.79 g spaghetti or 226.79 g other Italian pasta
- 4 clove garlic, minced or chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 28.39 ml butter or 28.39 ml margarine
- 28.39 ml olive oil
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- To cook spaghetti sauce, in a heavy skillet or cast iron frying pan, slowly heat the olive oil and butter, add garlic, onion and saute until dark golden.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large pot of slow to medium boiling water until tender.
- Drain, do not rinse.
- Pour sauce hot over cooked spaghetti, toss lightly to coat and top with parmesan cheese.
- Serve with french bread and extra Parmasan cheese at the table.
- This recipe will cover about 1/2 pound of spaghetti or other Italian pasta.
- For a variation, sprinkle with fresh-dried basil before serving.