Recipe by -Sylvie-
I adopted this recipe from Zaar some time ago and finally got round to trying it myself. It's quick and simple and full of fresh flavours. I prefer using basil but the original recipe stated parsley so I left it here for you to choose. Try adding some sliced black olives, fried or marinated mushrooms or sun blush tomatoes at the end.
Top Review by riffraff
I cooked the garlic very slowly and it got very mellow and yummy. My favorite way to have pasta. Not a very good thing to cook for a date tho, lol. I added mushrooms the last time I made it, with great results.
- 1⁄2 cup garlic (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped basil or 1⁄2 cup parsley
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- To make spaghetti sauce, cook garlic in butter and olive oil over medium low heat just until the garlic is soft but not browned.
- Stir in the parsley or basil and cook for 2 minutes (stirring constantly) until the herbs are limp but still green.
- Pour sauce hot over cooked spaghetti, toss lightly to coat and top with parmesan cheese.
- Serve with french bread and extra Parmasan cheese at the table.
- This garlic sauce will cover 3/4-1 pound of spaghetti or other pasta.