I adopted this recipe from Zaar some time ago and finally got round to trying it myself. It's quick and simple and full of fresh flavours. I prefer using basil but the original recipe stated parsley so I left it here for you to choose. Try adding some sliced black olives, fried or marinated mushrooms or sun blush tomatoes at the end.
- To make spaghetti sauce, cook garlic in butter and olive oil over medium low heat just until the garlic is soft but not browned.
- Stir in the parsley or basil and cook for 2 minutes (stirring constantly) until the herbs are limp but still green.
- Pour sauce hot over cooked spaghetti, toss lightly to coat and top with parmesan cheese.
- Serve with french bread and extra Parmasan cheese at the table.
- This garlic sauce will cover 3/4-1 pound of spaghetti or other pasta.