Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 -10 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- salt, to taste
- 4 slices firm bread (French or sourdough)
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- finely chopped cilantro, as garnish
- Heat oil in medium saucepan until hot; add garlic and cook over low heat until garlic is very soft and very lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper; cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add broth to saucepan; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Spray both sides of bread generously with cooking spray; cook in large skillet, over medium heat, until golden on both sides.
- Place slices of bread in bottoms of 4 shallow bowls; ladle soup over.
- Sprinkle each bowl with 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese and garnish with cilantro.
What a find!!! I put together a batch of this to have for snacks and just tried it. Excellent flavour - and addictive. Thank you for posting this!