Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this loose recipe page from an old cookbook, not sure which. Haven't tried this, putting it here for my own records. Enjoy!
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons oil, i'd use olive
- 2 slices white bread, cut into small pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- parsley, for garnish
- Sautee garlic in oil until brown.
- Add bread, cook and stir until light brown.
- Stir in broth, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat - cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir atleast half of the hot mixture into the egg. Blend into hot mixture in saucepan.
- Boil and stire 1 minute.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.