1/1 Photo of Garlic Soup Puree
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Chef #1012446's Note:
If you love garlic, this is the soup for you. Great for Cinco de Mayo Fiestas or Hispanic based dinner parties. I like to make it in advance & freeze it. It's also my "goto" soup when I have a head cold. I feel it decreases its severity & duration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate the heads of garlic into cloves, but don't bother to peel them.
- 2Heat olive oil in a 2 quart pot over medium heat.
- 3Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally for 15 to 20 minutes or until the skins turn golden.
- 4Add the onion and cook until soft, another 5 minutes.
- 5Add the broth, then the lemon juice, bay leaves and thyme.
- 6Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- 7Lower heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat, place contents of the pot in a food processor or blender and puree.
- 9Strain garlic puree through strainer into a medium pot over medium heat. Add milk cover and bring to a boil.
- 10Immediatly reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 11Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Soup Puree
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.0
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 350.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 9.8 g