Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Aside from being a very healthy soup, it is made up of ingredients that I always have on hand. That makes it very inexpensive! Plus, if you do not drizzle with the cream, on WW it is also free.
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup garlic, cloves peeled
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped peeled potato
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- salt and pepper
- whipping cream (optional)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Puree in batches in blender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Rewarm over medium heat.
- Pour into bowls and drizzle with cream, if desired.
It had some serious garlic flavor but it just wasn't something we like. To me it was missing something, my husband said that it tasted like potato soup to him, I think it is just that we like chunky soup.
It's a nice thick soup that is very easy and inexpensive. I added some parsley for flavour and beat in an egg for extra protein.
This is a good garlic soup recipe with a few basic ingredients. I found that I needed to add another cup of chicken broth to get it to a "soup consistency" that I like, as I found the mixture too thick.The addition of a few tablespoons of cream as I blended the mix, made the soup more silken. The garlic flavour in this soup is very dominant and next time I will use less garlic (I used 3 heads of garlic to get a cup of peeled garlic). Thank you for the recipe.