1 hr 15 mins
The original recipe came from an ACCC culinary school learning packet, however the directions have been rewitten as the original was vague as it was geared for culinary students. It's a Spanish recipe known as Sopa De Ajo. Cooking times are approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel garlic cloves and crush them with the flat side of your knife.
- 2Add oil to Dutch oven.
- 3Add garlic into the oil. Saute until light golden in color stirring frequently on medium heat. (Don't burn the garlic).
- 4Then add the flour. Mix it thoroughly with the garlic and oil making a roux.
- 5Add chicken broth and soy sauce with roux.
- 6Bring soup to a boil, then reduce and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 7Use a blender to puree the soup in batches. (Warning: When blending hot liquids in a blender, remove the center of the blender lid and place a towel over the hole. This allows the steam to escape safely).
- 8Return soup back to pot. Salt & pepper to taste.
- 9Toast bread.
- 10Ladel soup into oven safe dishes, top with toast and top toast with cheese.
- 11Broil in oven until cheese is melted and golden.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Soup
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.4
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 39.6 mg
- Sodium 1412.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 20.3 g