1/2 Photos of Garlic Soup
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
A wonderful rich garlic soup that is not overpowering! Served with a salad, crusty bread and a nice white wine, makes a lovely light supper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 quarts chicken broth or 2 quarts vegetable broth
- fresh ground pepper (to your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sage (or 2 leaves fresh)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 6 -8 slices of toasted Italian bread or 6 -8 slices French bread
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup romano cheese
- 1Saute garlic in oil until slightly browned.
- 2Heat broth and wine until hot but not boiling.
- 3Add garlic, oil, spices and herbs, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 4Remove bay leaf from pot and puree soup.
- 5Return pureed soup to pot and continue simmering.
- 6Add cream to egg yolks, then add a bit of soup and mix well.
- 7Add egg mixture to the pot and simmer for about 5 minutes or until heated through.
- 8Place a toast slice in each bowl, ladle soup over toast slice and sprinkle with cheese.
- 9Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Spanish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Soup
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.9
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 1252.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 13.5 g