Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An alternative to mashed or baked potatoes. Great with steaks.
Make and share this Garlic Skillet Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 large red potatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- In large skillet, heat oil.
- Add potatoes, onion, garlic powder, seasoned salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat for 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and browned.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
Made these last night to go with broiled chicken. Perfect side dish! Cut the recipe in half for the two of us, and used fresh garlic, 1 T, and sprinkled a little basil with the parsley on the finished dish. Very good!! Will make this again.
I didn't much care for this recipe.
Great potatoes and really easy to make. My onions got overly browned before the potatoes were done. Next time I'll add the onions after the potatoes have cooked a bit. I enjoyed the spice combinations and always love crisped potatoes. Thank you!