Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wonderful on any kind of steak!!! from Cooking Light
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 5 cups quartered mushrooms, , about 1 lb
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 dash salt and black pepper
- 10 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1⁄2 cup no-salt-added beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick frypan coated with cooking spray over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms, crushed red pepper, garlic, and a dash of salt, saute 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the broth and a dash of black pepper, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with parsley.
I made this as part of Worldwide Recipezaar Day. The first thought through my head as I tasted these was "Boy, can I pick 'em or what?" This is a fantastic side dish to serve along with steak and fries, or meatloaf and mashed potatoes, or with anything! If you served them on their own I would be happy! My only change -- a healthy dash of paprika.
This is a great side dish. I added 1/4 cup of low fat cream at the end as I needed a sauce for a chicken breast.
Delish! Great garlic flavour with a bit of a bite from the red pepper - easy and quick to make to boot! Thank you Derf!