Recipe by Normaone
This is a very quick and easy WW recipe. It goes very well with simple steamed rice or rice pilaf and asparagus. Very light.
Top Review by teresas
We enjoyed this although I think it was missing something. I don't really know what maybe some acidity, like lime or lemon juice. Maybe replacing the thyme with dill. (possible personal preference :) ). This was very quick to prepare and very filling. I served it over angel hair pasta but I did double the sauce items in step 5 with the exception of the thyme which I kept the same. Thanks for posting. :)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vermouth
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add pepper, garlic and bay leaf; saute 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and salt; saute 3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from skillet; set aside.
- Add wine, parsley, and thyme to skillet; bring to a boil, and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 1 minute.
- Return shrimp to skillet; toss to coat.
- Discard bay leaf.