Recipe by Just Call Me Martha
These are SO good - either as an appetizer piping hot with fresh bread to dip in the oil, as a main meal over rice or chilled and served over a mixed green salad. This recipe normally only serves the two of us, but we REALLY like these shrimp. It should serve four as an appetizer.
Top Review by Manami
Hello Just Call Me Martha, I had this recipe the other day, at my friends house. Unfortunately, it was much too spicy for me(health reasons)however, I did take just a little bite and it was yummy and delicious!! My friend Gail added parsley leaves as a garnish and she said that the recipe called for 1 dried chile or 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed. Hot! Hot! Hot! This dish would make a wonderful appetizer or crostini and the shrimp would be great served with white rice or some kind of pasta. Great recipe, thanks for posting. Diane :-)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 28 large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped garlic
- coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or other heavy pan over high heat until hot.
- Add olive oil.
- When oil is hot, add shrimp and briefly cook one side.
- Turn, then add chilies, and garlic.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve directly in skillet along with crusty bread to soak up the spicy oil.