Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are SO good - either as an appetizer piping hot with fresh bread to dip in the oil, as a main meal over rice or chilled and served over a mixed green salad. This recipe normally only serves the two of us, but we REALLY like these shrimp. It should serve four as an appetizer.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or other heavy pan over high heat until hot.
- Add olive oil.
- When oil is hot, add shrimp and briefly cook one side.
- Turn, then add chilies, and garlic.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve directly in skillet along with crusty bread to soak up the spicy oil.
Hello Just Call Me Martha, I had this recipe the other day, at my friends house. Unfortunately, it was much too spicy for me(health reasons)however, I did take just a little bite and it was yummy and delicious!! My friend Gail added parsley leaves as a garnish and she said that the recipe called for 1 dried chile or 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed. Hot! Hot! Hot! This dish would make a wonderful appetizer or crostini and the shrimp would be great served with white rice or some kind of pasta. Great recipe, thanks for posting. Diane :-)