- 1 cup grits
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 ounces blue cheese (to taste)
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook grits and water according to package directions with 1 teaspoon salt. When grits are tender and thick, remove from heat and stir in black and cayenne pepper and blue cheese.
- Mince garlic. Melt butter in a wide skillet on medium heat. Add garlic and stir 1 minute. Add shrimp, increase heat to high and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until shrimp are opaque. Season with salt and pepper. Serve beside or over grits.