Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sauteed shrimp and veggies with bacon served over pasta
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili oil (optional)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup minced garlic
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 shrimp stock (Chicken stock works fine also)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 head fresh broccoli
- parmesan cheese
- Fully shell & de-vein the shrimp. Use shells to make stock if you so desire.
- Mix 1/2 cup of minced garlic, 1/4 cup of olive oil, and if you like a little kick add chili oil and red pepper flakes. Pour mixture over shrimp and toss well. Refrigerate till needed.
- Cut onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and broccoli into bite-size pieces.
- In a large saute pan cook bacon. When done remove from pan, do NOT drain pan.
- Add butter and garlic to bacon drippings. When butter is melted add onion, red pepper, and mushrooms. Add salt & pepper to taste and saute over medium high heat until wilted.
- Add shrimp & garlic mixture to pan and saute until shrimp is pink and firm. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes and mix well.
- Add stock and bring to a simmer. Combine cornstarch and water in small bowl add to pan to thicken sauce.
- Turn down heat to low and add the broccoli into pan and cover for 3 minute.
- Serve over your favorite pasta along with Parmesan cheese with a side of garlic bread and enjoy.