Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from TOH. I haven’t tried them yet, but I am typing it up for ZWT II 6 servings.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the cornstarch, water and broth until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté garlic and cayenne in oil until tender. Stir broth mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add shrimp, lemon juice and zest, and parsley. Cook for 2-4 minutes or until heated through. Drain spaghetti and place in a large bowl. Toss with the sauce to coat.
While my husband liked this, I really didn't care for it. It was more like a garlicky, lemony chicken and noodles (with shrimp) instead of a pasta dish. I guess that I like more flavor in my pasta dishes and would rather save the chicken and noodles flavor for my soup. Sorry, it just wasn't too my tastes.
This was a very good recipe, and came together VERY quickly. My husband called to let me know he was coming home from work two hours early, and this was on the table the moment he opened the front door! The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 was because for a shrimp dish it has a very strong chicken flavor. Next time I make this, I think I'll try using fish stock or bullion instead of chicken stock. Just a thought...still delicious though!
Very very tasty! Mildly spiced even with the Cayenne and the Garlic but with a good mix of flavors. Even my kids loved this. The only thing I did differently was I added a finely chopped green onion just for some extra color. This was easy, yummy and something I will definitely make again. Thanks Dicooks!!