Recipe by Jessica K
This is my hubby's specialty! This is one of the things he loves to cook and can do well!
Top Review by Tiggrr
This is great to make on a weeknight. Quick, easy and delicious! I did add some lemon juice to the shrimp just before tossing in the pasta and did toss in a good amount of parmesan cheese, allowing it to melt in before serving.
- 453.59 g medium shrimp, deveined and tails removed
- 453.59 g spaghetti noodles (more or less, depending on family size)
- 6-8 garlic cloves, according to personal taste, minced
- 59.14 ml butter
- olive oil (3 drizzles)
- italian seasoning
- fresh ground pepper
- red pepper flakes
- herbs (according to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta in water till tender, save 1 cup of pasta water for use later. I always put some oil, salt, and fresh herbs in with my pasta when I boil it. Drain and set aside when done.
- While pasta is boiling, wash shrimp.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add shrimp.
- Let cook till a little pink and starting to curl. Then add garlic.
- Cook 5-7 min., add oil. Continue to stir till shrimp is pink and curled.
- Add pasta to skillet. Add seasonings. Add just enough saved pasta water till it is not dry but not swimming in liquid either. Depending on amount of pasta this requires 1/2 the cup or all of it. Start with adding 1/4 of it then work up from there.
- Keep tossing all ingredients around in skillet till all is incorporated and hot. Enjoy!