This is my hubby's specialty! This is one of the things he loves to cook and can do well!
Make and share this Garlic Shrimp Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- Boil pasta in water till tender, save 1 cup of pasta water for use later. I always put some oil, salt, and fresh herbs in with my pasta when I boil it. Drain and set aside when done.
- While pasta is boiling, wash shrimp.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add shrimp.
- Let cook till a little pink and starting to curl. Then add garlic.
- Cook 5-7 min., add oil. Continue to stir till shrimp is pink and curled.
- Add pasta to skillet. Add seasonings. Add just enough saved pasta water till it is not dry but not swimming in liquid either. Depending on amount of pasta this requires 1/2 the cup or all of it. Start with adding 1/4 of it then work up from there.
- Keep tossing all ingredients around in skillet till all is incorporated and hot. Enjoy!
This is great to make on a weeknight. Quick, easy and delicious! I did add some lemon juice to the shrimp just before tossing in the pasta and did toss in a good amount of parmesan cheese, allowing it to melt in before serving.
I didn't have fresh herbs, so I dumped about a tablespoon or so of Montreal Steak Seasoning, salt and olive oil into the boiling pasta water. I followed the recipe as stated. We were amazed at how flavorful the shrimp was. Anyone who doesn't like recipe either didn't add enough spice or didn't know to substitute a spice they don't like with a different one. The cook is in control of the outcome of this recipe. I agree with another post that states you can do so many different things with this recipe to create a variety of dishes. Kuddos to Jessica K!
This was really good! Made it tonight with salad and scallops on the side with a nice cabernet. I made a couple changes: I added just a little wine and alfredo sauce, plus some chives and mushrooms. For seasonings I used salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and McCormick's Perfect Pinch "Roasted Garlic & Bell Pepper" and "Lemon Herb."
Came out fantastically! :)