Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my hubby's specialty! This is one of the things he loves to cook and can do well!
Make and share this Garlic Shrimp Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- Boil pasta in water till tender, save 1 cup of pasta water for use later. I always put some oil, salt, and fresh herbs in with my pasta when I boil it. Drain and set aside when done.
- While pasta is boiling, wash shrimp.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add shrimp.
- Let cook till a little pink and starting to curl. Then add garlic.
- Cook 5-7 min., add oil. Continue to stir till shrimp is pink and curled.
- Add pasta to skillet. Add seasonings. Add just enough saved pasta water till it is not dry but not swimming in liquid either. Depending on amount of pasta this requires 1/2 the cup or all of it. Start with adding 1/4 of it then work up from there.
- Keep tossing all ingredients around in skillet till all is incorporated and hot. Enjoy!
This is great to make on a weeknight. Quick, easy and delicious! I did add some lemon juice to the shrimp just before tossing in the pasta and did toss in a good amount of parmesan cheese, allowing it to melt in before serving.
I didn't have fresh herbs, so I dumped about a tablespoon or so of Montreal Steak Seasoning, salt and olive oil into the boiling pasta water. I followed the recipe as stated. We were amazed at how flavorful the shrimp was. Anyone who doesn't like recipe either didn't add enough spice or didn't know to substitute a spice they don't like with a different one. The cook is in control of the outcome of this recipe. I agree with another post that states you can do so many different things with this recipe to create a variety of dishes. Kuddos to Jessica K!
This was really good! Made it tonight with salad and scallops on the side with a nice cabernet. I made a couple changes: I added just a little wine and alfredo sauce, plus some chives and mushrooms. For seasonings I used salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and McCormick's Perfect Pinch "Roasted Garlic & Bell Pepper" and "Lemon Herb."
Came out fantastically! :)