Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a meal from the Australian Super Food Ideas magazine, Dec 2007. My husband has made this a couple of times already - it is SO quick and super fast to slap together. The taste is absolutely divine. One of our favourites and I asked for it for our anniversary dinner. Enjoy!
- 400 g dried spaghetti
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 500 g shrimp, peeled and deveined (or prawns)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 125 g feta cheese, crumbled
- Cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add Onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add shrimp/prawns and garlic. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until seafood is just pink.
- Add wine and bring to the boil. Simmer uncovered for 1minute or until shrimp/prawns are cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Add lemon rind and juice.
- Drain Pasta. Return to pan on low heat. Add shrimp/prawn mixture, parsley and feta; toss to combine.
- Season with cracked pepper and serve with crusty bread and fresh green salad.
I added asparagus tips, and it was great. We will have it many more times.....Thanks!
I cooked this tonight with some spinach. It was great. My husband liked it very much. Thanks!
Ohmigawd this is wonderful! I did halve the recipe but other than that (and perhaps using somewhat more lemon rind), I followed the recipe exactly. Oh yes, I used thin rather than regular spaghetti. Also, I used about 1 T of olive oil to saute the onion, then added another tablespoon and heated it before adding the shrimp. I recommend this dish without any reservation whatsoever. Try it!