Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Richard Ruben, Institute of Culinary Education, NY. I clipped this from the Star-Ledger. This recipe has an Asian twist.
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and julienned
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 1 carrot, peeled, julienned
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, leaves only, roughly chopped
- 3⁄4 cup scallion, sliced on the bias
- Toss the shrimp with the ginger, garlic, vinegar and cornstarch. Hold to the side.
- Heat a wok or skillet and add the oil. Place the shrimp mixture into the hot oil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the carrots and snow peas, and cook an additional few minutes.
- Pour in the soy sauce, and toss along with the cilantro and scallions.
- Serve immediately with rice if desired.