Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I got this recipe from a local supermarket ad, some time ago. This is a tried and true favorite in my house.I figured I better post the recipe so I will always know where to find it!
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 inches skewers
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Thread four shrimp onto each skewer; set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add garlic and red pepper.
- Simmer for one minute, and stir in basil.
- Brush each skewer with garlic butter and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place on grill over medium heat and cook , brushing with extra garlic butter if desired, for appoximately 4 minutes per side or until pink.
We have had this several times now and it is always a hit. Definately a keeper for us.
My DH gave this recipe 10 stars and requested that I make it again this coming weekend. Fast and easy with simple ingredients but the taste is superb. Thanks for posting.