Recipe by canarygirl
This is a wonderful Spanish appetizer (tapa), and is so easy to make! It is delicious served with crusty french bread and red wine. It may be made up to a day in advance, and then cooked right before serving.
Top Review by Just Cher
I absolutely adore shrimp and now this recipe has to be one of my favorites. Preparation was so simple yet the shrimp are so flavorful. I experimented with the garlic and pepper flakes making half of the shrimp with a little extra spice. We found it to be perfect and yet not over powering. Served with sauteed artichoke hearts, a green salad and crusty bread for dipping into the sauce. HMMMMMMMMMMM!
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled,deveined,tail removed
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- chili flakes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (about)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat the bottom of an 8" round ceramic dish with olive oil.
- Arrange shrimp to cover bottom, and sprinkle with garlic slices and pepper flakes.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Just before cooking, lightly salt.
- Cook over medium high heat, until shrimp is cooked through, and garlic begins to brown, about 5-10 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately, while the shrimp is still sizzling, with crusty french bread.
- This dish may be made on the stove, or grill.