Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a wonderful Spanish appetizer (tapa), and is so easy to make! It is delicious served with crusty french bread and red wine. It may be made up to a day in advance, and then cooked right before serving.
- Coat the bottom of an 8" round ceramic dish with olive oil.
- Arrange shrimp to cover bottom, and sprinkle with garlic slices and pepper flakes.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Just before cooking, lightly salt.
- Cook over medium high heat, until shrimp is cooked through, and garlic begins to brown, about 5-10 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately, while the shrimp is still sizzling, with crusty french bread.
- This dish may be made on the stove, or grill.
I absolutely adore shrimp and now this recipe has to be one of my favorites. Preparation was so simple yet the shrimp are so flavorful. I experimented with the garlic and pepper flakes making half of the shrimp with a little extra spice. We found it to be perfect and yet not over powering. Served with sauteed artichoke hearts, a green salad and crusty bread for dipping into the sauce. HMMMMMMMMMMM!
Loved this once I got the seasoning to my liking! I was conservative with the red pepper flakes and salt at first. I used a whole pound of shrimp and 5 garlic cloves. I kept adding salt and red pepper flakes to taste (added garlic powder, too). So good! I love the olive oil instead of butter, too. Thanks cg!
Great shrimp recipe, cg! Loved the flavors. I went fairly heavy on the chili flakes and added a squirt of lemon and a dusting of parsley. Excellent! Thanks for posting!