This is a wonderful Spanish appetizer (tapa), and is so easy to make! It is delicious served with crusty french bread and red wine. It may be made up to a day in advance, and then cooked right before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat the bottom of an 8" round ceramic dish with olive oil.
- 2Arrange shrimp to cover bottom, and sprinkle with garlic slices and pepper flakes.
- 3Drizzle with olive oil.
- 4Just before cooking, lightly salt.
- 5Cook over medium high heat, until shrimp is cooked through, and garlic begins to brown, about 5-10 minutes.
- 6If desired, sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.
- 7Serve immediately, while the shrimp is still sizzling, with crusty french bread.
- 8This dish may be made on the stove, or grill.
Browse Our Top Spanish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic shrimp (gambas al ajillo)
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.2
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 168.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 23.2 g