Recipe by kmergirl
This garlic shrimp recipe is served at the Garlic Festival known as the "Garlic Capital of the World." in Gilroy, California. This simple shrimp recipe is a delicious and garlicky classic, and only takes a few minutes to cook.
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed, minced fine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup parsley sprig, chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sure the shrimp are very well drained. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Place a large skillet on high heat, and add the olive oil. When the oil is very hot, add the shrimp and sauté on high heat for 2 minutes, or until the shrimp is about halfway cooked.
- Add the garlic, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the cold butter, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for another minute, or until the shrimp is cooked.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the parsley and lemon. Serve immediately.