This garlic shrimp recipe is served at the Garlic Festival known as the "Garlic Capital of the World." in Gilroy, California. This simple shrimp recipe is a delicious and garlicky classic, and only takes a few minutes to cook.
- Make sure the shrimp are very well drained. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Place a large skillet on high heat, and add the olive oil. When the oil is very hot, add the shrimp and sauté on high heat for 2 minutes, or until the shrimp is about halfway cooked.
- Add the garlic, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the cold butter, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for another minute, or until the shrimp is cooked.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the parsley and lemon. Serve immediately.
This was GREAT! This is restaurant quality and delicious! My little girl LOVED it. This is going right into regular rotation. Thanks, kmergirl.
Delicious! I followed the recipe exactly, but added some smoked paprika. Yum! Thank you.
THANK YOU!!! I have been looking for this taste for a long time as I had something similar a couple of years ago. The key is cooking it exactly in this order. So simple, SO GOOD!