Recipe by Mary in LA.
This recipe was sent to me by Food Network.
Top Review by CHEF GRPA
This recipe is excellant, and easy to make. I've made it several times, and everyone I served it too loved it! The recipe doesn't say how to make the garlic shrimp because you are using 2 "pints leftover" garlic shrimp" as in leftover chinese takeout. Duh, silly. Reviewers, please don't rate the recipe unless you have actually made or tried it. And I think Alton Brown did it for food net Thank you! #695933 GRPA
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, with
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 red pepper flakes
- 1 pint leftover rice
- 2 pints leftover garlic shrimp
- 3⁄4 cup toasted panko breadcrumbs (Japanese bread crumbs if can get)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F In a small saucepan, combine the chicken stock and cornstarch slowly and bring to a simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the cream and the red pepper flakes.
- In a foil lined terra cotta pot, pour the rice and the leftover garlic shrimp.
- Then pour the cream mixture over it.
- Top with the toasted panko and place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving.