Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and quick to prepare. This is from All Recipes.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced, divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets, fresh
- 1 lb medium shrimp, uncooked, peeled, and deveined
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt 4 1/2 tsp butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add cream.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the grated parmesan cheese, pesto sauce, 1 T garlic, worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Keep warm over low heat.
- In a large skillet, saute broccoli in remaining butter for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and remaining garlic; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in the cream sauce.
- Drain pasta; add to shrimp mixture and toss to coat.
This recipe was Supburb!! I truly enjoyed this! it was so simple to make and sooooooo Good! I doubled the garlic as well as the parmasan cheese! I will make this again for sure!
Simple and delicious, we enjoyed this flavoursome dish that felt like a special treat and yet simple enough for a weeknight, thank you! Made for International Agents of QUEST, Italy
Full marks from me. It's not really bad at 32% fat but I always cut it where ever I can so I used (for a single serving) 1 teaspoon of olive oil for the butter, fat free evaporated milk for the cream and skipped the pesto only because I didn't have any. It's just delicious with deep and high notes of flavor that all blend beautifully. How can you beat 25 mins for a restaurant quality dinner.