Logan's Mama's Note:
This meal is quick and easy! You only need one pan to prepare and it's really quite healthy as well! I came up with this recipe with ingredients I had handy in my fridge, freezer, and pantry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw and pat dry shrimp, set aside to bring to room temperature.
- 2Boil water for pasta.
- 3Meanwhile, prepare garlic by slicing longways in slivers, leaving the garlic quite large. Sometimes, I only cut the garlic cloves in half and leave them in large pieces. Sometimes, I chop them finely. It depends on my mood!
- 4Finely chop onion.
- 5In a large skillet, add margarine/butter and Olive Oil and heat through on medium.
- 6Add onion and garlic.
- 7Add pasta to boiling water.
- 8Sautee garlic and onion until onions becomes transparent but do not burn the garlic! Add the onion first if you are afraid to burn the garlic. Burning it will cause it to taste bitter.
- 9Add shrimp, fresh ground pepper, and salt to taste.
- 10Once shrimp begin to curl up a little, add spinach. The spinach will be wilted in the pan when finished.
- 11By this time, your pasta should be ready for draining.
- 12Drain pasta and add to your shrimp and spinach mix still in the pan.
- 13Toss thoroughly and plate.
- 14Feel free to add chopped red or yellow pepper to this recipe. Baby scallops are also very tasty added to it as well.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Shrimp and Spinach Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 841.3
- Calories from Fat 483
- Total Fat 53.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 212.8 mg
- Sodium 525.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 42.3 g