Recipe by Logan's Mama
This meal is quick and easy! You only need one pan to prepare and it's really quite healthy as well! I came up with this recipe with ingredients I had handy in my fridge, freezer, and pantry.
Top Review by Mink4i
This recipe lacks something, for me anyway, that I feel could be better served by added a little extra something to it-- like cheese. First, you want to cook your shrimp in a light white wine with the garlic and a dash of salt. Then when those are nearly cooked saute your spinach (i don't use onions because my husband doesn't like them (so that's up to you). Season your spinach to your liking with salt and pepper then add parmesan cheese to the meal- combine shrimp/garlic with your spinach and stir in more cheese-- i usually use about a package sometimes a little less or parmesan-- it melts and creates a juicy sauce that combines with the wine flavored shrimp. Add your noodles, give it a quick toss to heat everything up and serve. I've been making that for years and I just love it!
- 1⁄2 lb thin spaghetti
- 20 -24 cooked de-veined jumbo shrimp (Frozen)
- 8 -9 garlic cloves
- 1 (8 ounce) bag spinach
- 1 large onion
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Thaw and pat dry shrimp, set aside to bring to room temperature.
- Boil water for pasta.
- Meanwhile, prepare garlic by slicing longways in slivers, leaving the garlic quite large. Sometimes, I only cut the garlic cloves in half and leave them in large pieces. Sometimes, I chop them finely. It depends on my mood!
- Finely chop onion.
- In a large skillet, add margarine/butter and Olive Oil and heat through on medium.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Add pasta to boiling water.
- Sautee garlic and onion until onions becomes transparent but do not burn the garlic! Add the onion first if you are afraid to burn the garlic. Burning it will cause it to taste bitter.
- Add shrimp, fresh ground pepper, and salt to taste.
- Once shrimp begin to curl up a little, add spinach. The spinach will be wilted in the pan when finished.
- By this time, your pasta should be ready for draining.
- Drain pasta and add to your shrimp and spinach mix still in the pan.
- Toss thoroughly and plate.
- Feel free to add chopped red or yellow pepper to this recipe. Baby scallops are also very tasty added to it as well.