Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This elegant dish brings out the flavors of both the shrimp and the scallops. I recommend that this is served over pasta. You can get both the Shrimp and Scallops from www.BigEasySeafood.com.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, slivered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp, peeled,deveined
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallop
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- salt and pepper
- In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and saute until it begins to brown.
- Remove the garlic with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the pepper flakes to the skillet and increase the heat to medium high.
- Add the garlic, shrimp, scallops, and paprika.
- Saute for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken broth and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the shrimp and scallops with a slotted spoon, place on a platter; set aside and keep warm.
- Add the lime juice, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste to the pan and just heat through.
- Pour the sauce over the shrimp and scallops and serve immediately.
Liked this recipe. Be sure to buy raw shrimp, not precooked as they will be overdone. Would use a bit more chicken broth to ensure the sauce stock is ample. Great job.
Terrific recipe! Used larger dry sea scallops, not bay - so pan fried those bad boys for roughly 1.5mins each side before adding shrimp to level the playing field. Added a little extra red pepper flakes for a bit of bite! Served mine over fresh squid ink fehttuchini ( a bit dark in the photo as pictured, but was delicious ). The squid ink pasta was a great contrast to the shrimp and scallops, and served it by candlelight with a nice pinot grigio. My wife doesn't eat seafood, so at the same time, used the same ingredients and sauce with organic chicken tenders, sliced into 1" pieces. A little extra work to make and time two meals at once, but can attest this tastes just great with chicken as it does with shrimp and scallops. Will definitely make again!
The flavor was ok, but the sauce lacked body. The heat was a bit much for me, it seemed to over power the dish.