Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Toss lemony shrimp in a flavorful garlic and butter sauce and serve with linguine and peas.
Top Review by NormalLikeMe81
My roommate and I enjoyed this recipe a lot! Although, I must admit, as simple as this is I am VERY new to cooking and although I followed it exactly and used two cloves of garlic I didn't end up with much of a garlic taste...I would call mine more of a lemon shrimp and peas with linguine :) But still, sooooo goooood! Next time I think i will add some more garlic and possibly some parmesan cheese...mmm... :)
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 3⁄4 lbs large shrimp, peeled, tails left on, deveined and butterflied
- 1⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas during last 5 minutes of cooking time. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, melt 1 T. butter over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, garlic and salt; cook, stirring, until shrimp are pink and opaque, 5-6 minutes, adding wine during last 1 minute of cooking time.
- Stir in lemon juice, zest and remaining 3 T. butter until butter just melts. Add pasta and pea mixture; cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in parsley. Serve immediately.