Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
If I have Shrimp in the Freezer, I can always come up with a dish. The other day I wanted something different for a salad. I enjoy cold pasta salads and rice salads so I decided to make an Orzo salad. Get it, orzo is rice shaped pasta.... anyway, this ended up being really good and can see how versitle it can get as well. It doesn't get any easier than this. Hope you enjoy!
Sauteed Garlic Shrimp
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- splash white wine
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups orzo pasta, cooked and cooled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Marinate shrimp in garlic and olive oil. I do this early in the morning.
- When ready to eat scoop shrimp out of the marinade with a slotted spoon Place in a skillet over medium-high heat and sauté for a few minutes, until the shrimp is pink and cooked through. Add a splash of white wine and season while cooking.
- Mix together lemon juice, and olive oil and pour over all remaining ingredients. Mix it all up until everything is coated. Season to taste.
We really liked this recipe and it was super quick and easy to whip up. I cooked the Orzo early in the morning so it would be nice and cold when I made the salad. I used baby shrimp instead of medium shrimp and I only used enough olive oil to coat the shrimp instead of the 1/4 to 1/2cup. It came out very well even with the changes...great recipe and healthy.
This was really very tasty and super easy to make (and it definitely makes a lot). I made it for myself to take for lunch this week, and it is the perfect portable meal. Thanks for posting.