Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Southern Living. Super easy and quick.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, unpeeled and cooked
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- chopped fresh chives, peeled and
- cooked shrimp
- fresh ground black pepper
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
- Bring 3 cups water, cream, butter, and salt to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium, and whisk in grits. Cook, whisking constantly, 7 to 8 minutes or until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in 1 pound shrimp, cheese, and garlic, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Garnish, if desired.