Recipe by JenBlacker
My girlfriend and I found a wonderful deal for shrimp. 4.99 a pound for raw jumbo shrimp, already peeled, deveined, and tailless. These shrimp were beautiful so we bought a case and split them. I had several recipes but the first I wanted to try was an Alfredo sauce I came across. Be sure not to over cook your shrimp, cook them when they start to curl and turn pink. Overcooking will make them tough. They will continue to cook in the pan even when you turn it off and when you pour the hot sauce on it. This made tons of leftovers and I only used half of one bag of shrimp. Start the water to boil for the noodles first, then begin the shrimp. While the shrimp is cooking make the sauce. It should be done at about the same time. I used a mix of thick spaghetti and fettuccine noodles since I had just enough left over in each box to make this dish. Any noodle will do.
Top Review by munchiemama
This was really good and a major hit with my husband! it was a little peppery but I didnt have white pepper so i used reg. black pepper, and that could be the reason! i found the recipe a little harder to follow than usual but it turned out great!
- 1 lb shrimp, any size, peeled, deveined, and tailless
- 1 -2 tablespoon of butter for shrimp
- garlic powder, per your taste
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 ounces heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan, melt 1-2 tablespoons of butter. Add the shrimp and liberally sprinkle garlic powder on them. Stir occasionally until cooked. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter. Add garlic and let simmer until garlic is soft,.
- about 2 minutes. Add heavy cream, and pepper, simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add.
- Parmesan cheese and let simmer for 5-8 minutes longer. When sauce is.
- thickened add mozzarella cheese and stir until melted. Serve.
- Yield: 2 1/2 cups sauce.