1/1 Photo of Garlic Shrimp Alfredo
My girlfriend and I found a wonderful deal for shrimp. 4.99 a pound for raw jumbo shrimp, already peeled, deveined, and tailless. These shrimp were beautiful so we bought a case and split them. I had several recipes but the first I wanted to try was an Alfredo sauce I came across. Be sure not to over cook your shrimp, cook them when they start to curl and turn pink. Overcooking will make them tough. They will continue to cook in the pan even when you turn it off and when you pour the hot sauce on it. This made tons of leftovers and I only used half of one bag of shrimp. Start the water to boil for the noodles first, then begin the shrimp. While the shrimp is cooking make the sauce. It should be done at about the same time. I used a mix of thick spaghetti and fettuccine noodles since I had just enough left over in each box to make this dish. Any noodle will do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a pan, melt 1-2 tablespoons of butter. Add the shrimp and liberally sprinkle garlic powder on them. Stir occasionally until cooked. Set aside.
- 2In a small sauce pan, melt butter. Add garlic and let simmer until garlic is soft,.
- 3about 2 minutes. Add heavy cream, and pepper, simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add.
- 4Parmesan cheese and let simmer for 5-8 minutes longer. When sauce is.
- 5thickened add mozzarella cheese and stir until melted. Serve.
- 6Yield: 2 1/2 cups sauce.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Shrimp Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 850.3
- Calories from Fat 689
- Total Fat 76.6 g
- Saturated Fat 47.3 g
- Cholesterol 479.6 mg
- Sodium 793.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 36.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: