Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My girlfriend and I found a wonderful deal for shrimp. 4.99 a pound for raw jumbo shrimp, already peeled, deveined, and tailless. These shrimp were beautiful so we bought a case and split them. I had several recipes but the first I wanted to try was an Alfredo sauce I came across. Be sure not to over cook your shrimp, cook them when they start to curl and turn pink. Overcooking will make them tough. They will continue to cook in the pan even when you turn it off and when you pour the hot sauce on it. This made tons of leftovers and I only used half of one bag of shrimp. Start the water to boil for the noodles first, then begin the shrimp. While the shrimp is cooking make the sauce. It should be done at about the same time. I used a mix of thick spaghetti and fettuccine noodles since I had just enough left over in each box to make this dish. Any noodle will do.
- In a pan, melt 1-2 tablespoons of butter. Add the shrimp and liberally sprinkle garlic powder on them. Stir occasionally until cooked. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter. Add garlic and let simmer until garlic is soft,.
- about 2 minutes. Add heavy cream, and pepper, simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add.
- Parmesan cheese and let simmer for 5-8 minutes longer. When sauce is.
- thickened add mozzarella cheese and stir until melted. Serve.
- Yield: 2 1/2 cups sauce.
This was really good and a major hit with my husband! it was a little peppery but I didnt have white pepper so i used reg. black pepper, and that could be the reason! i found the recipe a little harder to follow than usual but it turned out great!
Definitely a 5 star for a quick to whip up dinner on a busy weeknight & the flavor is wonderful! My sauce probably wasn't as thick as intended. I had to use Asiago instead of mozza, but I usually have it on hand & will use it next time. I used all fettuccine noodles. The instructions could be a little clearer. They were a little difficult to follow with half of them in the directions and half in the recipe intro. :) Thanks for a quick & delicious dinner, Jen!