Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from John P. His wife made it and said it was delicious. This recipe was copied from Sunset magazine.
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 lb peel deveined shrimp (26 to 30 per lb.)
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry or 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- In a 10 20 12 inch frying pan over medium heat-high heat, stir garlic in olive oil just until it begins to turn gold, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and stir until almost completely pink, about 2 minutes.
- Add sherry, parsley, and hot chili flakes and stir often until shrimp are barely opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 1 minute.
- Add salt to taste.
- Pour into a serving dish or individual bowls.