Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fine addition to you next tapa party. This recipe can be made one day ahead covered and refrigerated, but is served at room temperature No prep work is specified on the shrimp, but I prefer to devein them. I cannot bear much heat, so I used a much smaller amount of cayenne. I also dislike sherry in my food, and substituted white wine.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb raw shrimp, unshelled, 26-32 count
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- fresh lemon juice
- Saute the garlic in olive oil until golden.
- Add the shrimp and saute another minute until the shrimp are pink and just firm.
- Sprinkle on paprika, cook and stir 30 seconds more.
- Now add the sherry, cook and stir 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, serve at room temperature.
This gets 5 stars for taste AND for easy preperation! It's just spicy enough without overwhelming. I added extra garlic (used the jarred minced variety) just because we love it! Will be making often.