Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
I call this my magic shrimp. You can have this done in 21 minutes. And it's true restaurant quality.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In 12in skillet, heat oil.
- Add garlic, cook 1 minute.
- Add shrimp, stir fry 1 minute.
- Add carrot, stir fry 3 more minutes.
- Stir in cilantro.
I needed more liquid because I wanted to serve it over angel hair pasta. Added Canola Balance oil for bulk and Smart Balance imitation butter for flavor. I only had precooked shrimp, so I sauteed the garlic and carrots, and popped the shrimp in last for about a minute to warm them up. Barb loved it! I did too.
I made this just with the oil, garlic, and shrimp; I used frozen shrimp and it was wonderful. We gobbled it up very quickly and agreed that this is most certainly the ONLY way to eat shrimp! thanks for posting!
Great recipe! I admit, I used unsalted butter instead of the oil. This was quick, easy, and tasted like I had worked all day on it. DH says this is the "only" way to make shrimp now! Thanks for another wonderful recipe, Inez! :o)