Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great recipe that I've learned! The sauce is so thick and creamy you probably won't have room for seconds! The shrimp is optional, but it makes a great accent to the sauce.
- 1 dozen medium sized prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof room tempurature cream cheese (light works great too)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- your favorite pasta
- Shrimp: Heat oil in a medium sauce pan over medium/high heat.
- Add garlic and shrimp.
- Toss in pan until shrimp are red in color, or for about 8-10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, and place over to the side.
- Sauce: Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the cream cheese in by the spoon full, taking care to whisk as you go along.
- Slowly add in the cream, and whisk until creamy.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, and continue whisking until cheese is melted.
- Turn down heat to low, and just before serving over your favorite pasta, throw in your garlic shrimp, and mix all together!
So good and VERY filling! My husband loved it and so did my very picky 6 year old.
I used precooked shrimp and gently warmed them, substituted whipping cream with fat free half and half to cut done on fat. I will use many time again. Thank you for sharing Miss May.