Recipe by MissMay
This is a great recipe that I've learned! The sauce is so thick and creamy you probably won't have room for seconds! The shrimp is optional, but it makes a great accent to the sauce.
- 1 dozen medium sized prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof room tempurature cream cheese (light works great too)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- your favorite pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Shrimp: Heat oil in a medium sauce pan over medium/high heat.
- Add garlic and shrimp.
- Toss in pan until shrimp are red in color, or for about 8-10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, and place over to the side.
- Sauce: Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the cream cheese in by the spoon full, taking care to whisk as you go along.
- Slowly add in the cream, and whisk until creamy.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, and continue whisking until cheese is melted.
- Turn down heat to low, and just before serving over your favorite pasta, throw in your garlic shrimp, and mix all together!