Shirl (J) 831's Note:
This rice is good as a side dish with Asian main courses.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the rice in a large bowl, cover with water.
- 2With your hands, swish the water around to remove the starch off the rice.
- 3Drain the rice and continue till the water is no longer milky looking, but is clear.
- 4Add cool water to cover the rice by at least 1".
- 5Soak for 20 minutes.
- 7Place a medium pan on medium heat and add sesame oil.
- 8When the oil begins to smoke, add the garlic, stir for 30 seconds.
- 9Add the rice and stir for 30 seconds.
- 10Carefully add the broth, which will spit a little at first.
- 11Boil the rice, uncovered and without stirring, till the surface is covered with steam holes and grains on top appear dry, about 8 minutes. reduce the heat to lowest setting.
- 12cover and cook 10 minutes more.
- 13Turn off the heat and allow the rice to sit, covered 5 minutes.
- 14Uncover and fluff with fork, serve.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Sesame Rice
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.6
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 138.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g