Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of my favourite chicken dishes !! (does not include marinate time)
- 1 lb boneless chicken
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 ounces small mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 4 scallions, chopped diagonally
- boiled rice, to serve
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 -5 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Trim the meat and cut into thin strips about 1/2 x 2 inch.
- Make the marinade.
- In a bowl, blend the cornstarch with the rice wine or dry sherry, then stir in the lemon juice, soy sauce, Tabasco sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Stir in the strips, cover and leave in a cool place for 4 hours.
- Place the sesame seeds in a wok or large frying pan and dry fry over moderate heat, shaking the pan, until the seeds are golden.
- Set aside.
- Heat the sesame and vegetable oils in the wok or frying pan.
- Drain the meat, reserving the marinade, and stir fry a few pieces at a time until browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add the mushrooms and green pepper and stirfry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the scallions and 1 minute more.
- Return the meat to the wok or frying pan, together with the reserved marinade, and stir over a moderate heat for a further 2 minutes, or until the ingredients are evenly coated with glaze.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and serve immediately with boiled rice.