Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an adaptation of Sauteed Garlic Broccoli - Spicy by Risë. I was out of red pepper flakes so I substituted Sesame Seeds instead.
- Cut broccoli into bite sized pieces.
- Boil in water for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- (broccoli should just start to soften).
- Rinse under COLD water (to stop the cooking).
- Dry to remove any excess water.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until hot.
- Add the garlic and sesame seeds.
- Sautee for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and"some" of the broth.
- (I say "some" as you don't want it soaking in it, you just want it to help steam and add flavor) Cook for 2 to 4 minutes (depending on the way you like your broccoli, tender or crisp) stirring the entire time Season lightly with table salt.
- As everyone has their own tastes, increase or decrease the garlic and or sesame seeds as desired.
I liked this easy salad that changed the same old boiled broccoli. I reduced the ammount of garlic was my only change. Thanks for posting!
We enjoyed this a lot. As someone who stir-fries a lot, I would have proceeded differently, and in my first trial the broccoli seemed overcooked. (I would have not precooked the broccoli, would let the broth steam the broccoli in the skillet and then sprinkle toasted seeds on afterward. But this time I followed instructions.) Once on the table, however, it disappeared. Made for OZ/NZ swap March 2008.