Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Saute garlic scapes & red onion for a sweet mellow addition to a classic salad!
- 10 red potatoes, scrubbed & cubed (2 1/2 lbs)
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped garlic scape
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cover& cook potatoes in a pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain& place in a large bowl; add celery.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; fry scapes& onion, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened& scapes are tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add to potatoes.
- DRESSING: Whisk together buttermilk, mayo, 2 tbsp of the dill, mustard& seasonings in a bowl; pour over potato mixture& toss to coat.
- If a moister salad is preferred, add a little more buttermilk.
- Garnish with remaining dill.
- Cover& refrigerate for up to 2 days.
The garlic scapes and sauteed onion add a nice flavor. I added more mayo as I like a less moist salad. Thanks for sharing!