Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The garlic scapes taste like garlicy green beans. My family really liked this salad!
- 1 lb garlic scape, trimmed and cut into green-bean sized pieces
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 summer squash
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, with rosemary (or add a pinch of dried rosemary to plain olive oil)
- 1⁄4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- salt and pepper
- Chop garlic scapes, green pepper, red pepper, and summer squash into chunks.
- Place in the top part of steamer.
- Place potatoes and water to cover in bottom half of steamer.
- Cover, place over high heat.
- Boil for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are soft and potatoes are cooked.
- Cut potatoes in half.
- Toss with vegetables, olive oil, sunflower seeds, and salt and pepper to taste.