Recipe by Sonata
I haven't tried this yet because it's been too hot for soup, and I haven't had enough garlic scapes at any one time to make it! It sounds yummy though. The recipe did not give cooking times, so I'll have to let you know once I make it.
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
I got extra garlic scapes in my CSA box, so tried this. I sauteed them in a large skillet, then pureed, then added it all in a pot to cook. Instead of cream, I used pureed cauliflower (to make it no dairy). My child that usu. doesn't like soup ate all of his. If you eat a lot of it, it certainly cleans you out the next day! :)
- 3 cups garlic scapes, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the garlic scapes and onion in olive oil over medium heat until soft. Add the thyme at the end.
- In food processor puree the vegetables and add chicken stock as needed to make a smooth paste.
- In saucepan heat the vegetable mixture and add remaining chicken broth.
- Bring to a simmer and add the cream.
- Season as needed.