Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
At the CSA I belong to they always have garlic scapes this time of year. It is always nice to have more recipes with garlic scape.
- 1 bunch garlic scape
- 1 bunch swiss chard or 1 bunch kale
- 1 small summer squash
- 1 small onion
- 4 eggs (or 3 egg whites with one egg)
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- Chop scapes and chard into 2 inch pieces. Chop squash and onion.
- Spray cooking oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add scapes and chard and cook for about 20-25 minutes over medium heat. Stir frequently to avoid sticking or burning. Add cooking spray when necessary.
- Add onions and squash cook for another 5 minutes.
- Crack eggs and blend. Add more cooking spray, add eggs lower the heat add cheese and cook until the eggs set and cheese melts. Remove from pan and enjoy.
I had scapes from my CSA, but no chard. I cut scapes smaller and used about 6 scapes. I shred the squash and used dried minced onions. It took only about 10 mintues to saute the scapes and a couple more for the squash. I ended up making scrambled eggs (frittata wouldn't set) but it was still good. I liked the flavor the scapes added, but this is probably more of an adult dish. Although my kids did eat some.