Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I scoured the Internet looking for a recipe for Garlic Scapes and Hot Pepper Jelly. I found lots for ordinary garlic but none specific for using just the scapes, so I decided to try my hand at adapting a known recipe but using just the scapes. My concoction turned out pretty good (even my wife likes it) so I decided to publish it. I may make another batch but this time I'll add about 20 leaves of Basil. I'm sure that will create a whole new flavor. Let me know if you try this recipe and how you liked or disliked it. Keith
- 1⁄2 cup garlic scape, finely chopped
- 3 large jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (discard seeds & only use the pith from one pepper)
- 1 large sweet green pepper, finely chopped
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vinegar
- 4 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 (85 ml) package liquid Certo
- Finely chop all the veggies in a food processor.
- Add all ingredients (except Certo) in a cold pan and stir thoroughly.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Certo and stir well.
- Pour into jars and rotate every 30 minutes to keep the solids suspended.