Recipe by Katanashrp
Fast, weeknight meal.
Top Review by JackieKruel
This was easy, however, I feel it contained too much evoo and not enough wine, so I reversed the quantities. However it was bland so I added the liquid from cooking the scallops added more wine, salt and pepper and sicilian spice. I feel it would benefit from browning the garlic in butter and then chopping. Since we are not able to acquire arugula in this remote area I substituted spinach. Please taste as you go, so you can layer the flavors that mean something to you. This is a great beginning.
- 20 large scallops, muscle removed
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces baby arugula
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the scallops and pat dry well with a paper towel.
- Cook the pasta in salted water, drain and toss with 1 tbsp of oil to keep it from sticking.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in frying pan, add the garlic and cook for a few seconds. Add wine, and lemon juice and remove from the heat.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper and grill for about a minute on each side, or until just cooked.
- Gently reheat the garlic mixture, add the rocket and stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or until wilted.
- Toss through the pasta with the remaining oil, and scallops.