Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fast, weeknight meal.
Make and share this Garlic Scallops With Angel Hair Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- Wash the scallops and pat dry well with a paper towel.
- Cook the pasta in salted water, drain and toss with 1 tbsp of oil to keep it from sticking.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in frying pan, add the garlic and cook for a few seconds. Add wine, and lemon juice and remove from the heat.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper and grill for about a minute on each side, or until just cooked.
- Gently reheat the garlic mixture, add the rocket and stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or until wilted.
- Toss through the pasta with the remaining oil, and scallops.
This was easy, however, I feel it contained too much evoo and not enough wine, so I reversed the quantities. However it was bland so I added the liquid from cooking the scallops added more wine, salt and pepper and sicilian spice. I feel it would benefit from browning the garlic in butter and then chopping. Since we are not able to acquire arugula in this remote area I substituted spinach. Please taste as you go, so you can layer the flavors that mean something to you. This is a great beginning.
Far too much olive oil. That's all I tasted when I cooked this. When I try it again, I intend to use just enough olive oil to saute the scallops.
Thank you for posting this delicious and very easy-to-make dish! My garlic cloves weren't very large, so I used 3. Because I did not have arugula or white wine, I had to use chicken broth and chopped fresh basil to taste. We also topped the dish with fresh parmesan. YUM -- It was fabulous! I know the recipe will be great as written, so I am giving it 5*.