Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A simple but elegant and delicious dish suitable for company.
- 6 large scallops
- 10 large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- flour (for dredging)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Rinse the scallops under cold water and cut in half.
- Season the scallops and shrimp with salt and pepper, then dust them with flour.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a high heat and add the scallops and shrimp to the hot oil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for two minutes.
- Turn the scallops and shrimp in the pan.
- Add the garlic and basil and shake the pan to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Cook two minutes until golden.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over the mixture and toss to blend.
Love them very tasty and will make again.
Delicious! Very simple ingredients that, when combined, burst with succulent flavor. I used pre-cooked shrimp, so I added them at the end of the cooking time. When the pan looked dry, I added a little more olive oil. My husband and I enjoy seasoning our seafood with Old Bay, which added to the flavor, but wasn't necessary.