Recipe by Latchy
A nice change from garlic prawns--a great meal for a special dinner.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
I did turn this into Garlic Prawns as I couldn't find any decent scallops. Easy and great-tasting. I served this over linguine rather than rice. I have been asked to make this again - so it goes into the 'keeper' file.
- 500 g scallops, flesh
- 1 medium onion, diced finely
- 4 -6 garlic cloves (finely chopped or crushed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 ml pouring cream
- 4 spring onions, sliced Chinese-style on an angle
- 1 dash white wine
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry garlic and onion in oil on a med-high heat for 2 mins, but don't allow to colour.
- Add scallops, lightly cook on 1 side for 20 seconds.
- Continue to turn and cook for another 20 seconds then remove from pan.
- On medium high heat, add the splash of wine and reduce for 1 minute.
- Add cream and reduce until the sauce thickens to a nice coating consistency.
- Add scallops, spring onions and gently toss in sauce for 1 minute.
- Place scallops on a mound of rice pilaf and pour over sauce, then garnish with parsley.
- You can always omit some scallops and add prawns.