Recipe by JanetB-KY
Posting for zwt 2006 (Asian region). I love Scallops and can't wait to make this one myself. Looks fairly easy and quite tasty if the ingredients are any indication.
Top Review by PugMomma
Made this recipe for Valentines Day. It looked beautiful..very nice presentation. Unfortunately, we found it a little bland. Sorry to submit a negative review, but that's how we felt about it.
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine or 2 teaspoons dry sherry or 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil, for stir-frying
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves, as garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the scallops under running water and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, prepare the cornstarch slurry (mix together the cornstarch and the 4 tbsps. water) and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, oyster sauce, rice wine or sherry or rice vinegar, and sugar to form the sauce; set aside.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high to high heat; add the oil to the heated wok; when the oil is hot, add the garlic cloves and half the green onion; Stir-fry until the garlic is aromatic but not browned as that will give it a bitter edge.
- Add the red bell pepper and the scallops and stir-fry for about 2 minutes, taking care not to overcook the scallops. Add the sauce and simmer the scallops and pepper in the sauce, uncovered, for about 5 minutes.
- Give the cornstarch and water slurry a quick re-stir; add in the middle of the wok, stirring quickly to thicken; mix with the other ingredients.
- Stir in the remainder of the green onion and garnish with the chopped cilantro.
- Serve over rice.