Prep 1 hr
Cook 7 mins
This recipe is from Dr. Jane Pentz, from a book called. "If You Don't Take Care of Your Body, Where Are You Going to Live?" She has some fantastic recipes but this one is really nice. My husband and I will grill these up on the back patio with a glass of wine and have a date night at home...sometimes those are the best nights of all! Enjoy! **The prep time includes marinating time!
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine (or reduced sodium chicken broth)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops
- 4 cups mushroom caps
- 3 medium red bell peppers, cut into 1 inch squares
- 3 medium green bell peppers, cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 large red onions, cut into 1 inch squares
- In a shallow glass dish, combine lemon juice, wine, garlic, bay leaf, lemon peel, and pepper. Mix well. Reserve 3 tablespoons. Add scallops to dish, toss to coat. Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Remove scallops from marinade. Discard marinade. Use six 12-inch metal skewers. Alternately thread scallops, mushrooms, bell peppers, and onion.
- Place kebabs on grill (over medium heat).
- Grill 6 inch from heat, turning occasionally and basting with the 3 tablespoons reserved lemon mixture, until scallops are cooked through and vegetables are lightly browned, about 7 to 8 minutes. Serve!
This is an excellent recipe, wonderful flavor. Made as written with the exception of only using green peppers. A keeper in my seafood cookbook. Thanks! *Made for fall 2009 PAC*